Sunday, December 4, 2011

reserved = unreserved = reserved = ....



In the past month or so I  have been travelling between Mysore and Bangalore every weekend, and sadly enough, I have had to haggle for my reserved seat every damn time (literally every time). 


The seats are always occupied by people with unreserved tickets, who lack basic manners and every time it's something new that I need to fight about. I have heard all kinds of ridiculous arguments.


  1. This is an Unreserved compartment. It CANNOT be reserved. (The LORD hath spoken) 
  2. How can you reserve a ticket from Mysore to Bangalore? It can only be reserved from Bangalore. (This guy probably was the Railway Minister in his past life)
  3. I work in the Railway dept. (Soooooo????)



I then show the ticket to this person (he is not a TC, btw) and fight and argue and only then am I granted my seat, for which I paid more and spent time to reserve in advance.


I have become kind of a reservation crusader and have started helping other passengers get their seats from these uneducated morons.


Request all of you to never let go or adjust in case you have a reservation, and be courteous and move immediately in case you are in somebody's reserved seat. Hopefully these small changes may bring some difference in our society.



No comments:

Post a Comment